One of my favorite authors of all-time is Laura Day. She’s a well known intuitive and an excellent teacher. Years ago, I read her book Practical Intuition and learned SO much about how to harness the power of my gut instincts. Later, I read her book, The Circle, and learned how to use the power of focus, intuition (and law of attraction) to manifest important goals. I HIGHLY suggest both books if you’re interested in learning more about intuition.
As a coach, I use my intuition all day long with just about every client, by the way.
In fact, we all use our intuition whether we realize it or not. Anytime you follow a hunch or have a gut reaction, chances are it’s your intuition speaking.
So, when Laura offered a two hour online workshop the other day, I jumped at the chance.
Here’s what I learned….
Laura said intuition is particularly well tuned in two main areas of your life. One is your area of expertise and the other is the area of greatest neurotic preoccupation.
So, if you’re a doctor (your area of expertise is medicine), any intuitive vibes you have about your patients of medicine are probably spot on. OK, so this is good….
And, if you worry a lot about something (this is what she refers to as the area of greatest neurotic preoccupation) such as being flat broke, your intuition will guide you toward that outcome. Oh no! Not what you want, right? Which brings us to another book Laura wrote called Welcome To Your Crisis. Laura wrote that book to help people deal with transitions or crisis points in their lives.
The goal of studying intuition is to use it to your advantage and to be more conscious of it…so you WON’T unconsciously intuit and draw to you the thing you worry about the most.
Does that make sense?
I see a lot of parallels between intuition and law of attraction. Whatever you focus on will EXPAND and GROW in your life. So, if you worry (and focus) on being flat broke, you will attract and create that result (or some sort of money probs) in your life at some point. As Laura says, your intuition will guide you toward it as well.
So, let’s be more aware of how intuition works so we can all use it to our advantage.
The MAIN topic of her workshop, this time, was on the topic of telepathy.
Now, telepathy is something I’ve been practicing for a long time…without even knowing I was doing it! That’s the first thing I learned.
Telepathy is sending and receiving messages to people or groups using your mind. And, I do that all the time.
If you’re a client, you’ve possibly participated in one of my coaching exercises that I call “spirit to spirit conversations” in which you have a conversation (in your mind) with a target person or audience such as your future mate or group of potential clients.
For fun, I remember having one of these conversations nearly 8 or 9 years ago when I wanted to coach people from other countries. So, I visualized a room full of people from various countries and saw myself talking with them about coaching, how to find me (via my website) and what I could do for them. I also tried to listen to them (in my mind) to intuit what they might say or their reasons for wanting to hire a coach.
Then, and I kid you not, the very next day I had 5 emails in my box all with the same title “free sample session” and each person was from a different country. WOWIE.
Ever since then, I’ve wondered how the heck I did that. Well, now I know. It’s called telepathy.
Here’s how it works:
1. Choose a target. Do you want to talk with your future spouse? Unborn child? Potential investors? Clients? Neighbor? Boss? Someone you already know or someone you hope to know?
2. Choose a goal or response you want. Do you want your target person (or group) to do something specific such as invest in your company and hand you a million dollar check? Be very specific.
3. Look for any hidden agendas you might have. Let’s say your target is a boss from work. Your goal is to get a promotion, so you “talk” with him/her about it in your mind. But, do you really have another agenda such as being praised or recognized or getting a corner office? Is that what you REALLY want? If you got the promotion but still went without recognition and remained in your small cubicle, would you be happy? Look for and eliminate any hidden agendas so your TRUE goal is able to stand alone.
4. Next step, is to again, refine your goal and choose ONE.
5. Be aware of the message you want to send to your target. Use ALL of your senses. So, if you want your target (boss) to give you a corner office (your real goal), think about what that would be like, see yourself sitting in the corner office, notice any smells (are there fresh flowers on the desk, for example, with a note of congrats), notice any sounds, etc. Use ALL of your senses and EMBODY your goal. Experience it as if it’s already happening…Again, this is similar to law of attraction.
6. Next, be aware of your target. See this person as separate (not you). Jump into their experience and notice how they are receiving what you are sending. Do they seem excited you are in your corner office? Or, is something quite off? Notice and use any info you can intuit to alter your approach or the message you are trying to send.
7. Repeat the process until the message you are sending is well received by your target.
Yes, I know some of this may be confusing to understand since it’s tough to explain. But, I wanted to write about it anyway….I’ve been instinctively using this process for years without realizing it was telepathy and it was nice validation to hear the actual steps were so similar to the ones I used. I also learned how to tweak my process a bit more and make it more effective.
Another tip! You can use telepathy to RECEIVE messages, not just send them. So, try using telepathy to converse with people with messages for you.
If you’ve been a client, this may remind you of the “old, wise person” visualization I like to use…which I learned, by the way, at a meditation retreat. I love to learn, can you tell??!
In your mind (with your eyes closed) try to see yourself on a beach, in the forest or any peaceful place you enjoy. Focus on seeing yourself first.
Then, see a wise, old man (if you are a man) or a woman (if you are a woman) in the distance. Walk up to that person and have a conversation. Assume this wise person has something she’s been wanting you to hear or know and simply LISTEN. You’ll get some GREAT insights and messages if you do.
I’ll write more about the wise person exercise in another post!
Hope you can benefit from these thoughts about Laura Day, intuition, telepathy and visualization. If you enjoyed this article, please let me know!